Samui is the second largest island in Thailand, and the easiest mode of travel is by air. Samui Airport is owned by Bangkok Airways, and their ticket prices are on the upper side. But the alternate for a traveller from Bangkok is a 13 hours trip by bus and ferry.
From Samui airport can you choose between the following modes of transport:
- Rental car.
- Hotel van or limousine. It is booked when you book the hotel.
- Taxi: Be aware that the taxis do not use meter. Instead do they have fixed prices depending on the destination. A local tour costs you 300 baht.
- Motorbike taxi: The drivers wear yellow vest, and their bikes have yellow number plates.
- Bath bus: A bath bus is a converted pick-up trucks, and you can stop it anywhere along it’s route.
- Rental motorbike: They can be rented almost everywhere, but be careful, for the roads are narrow.